Sunday, July 8, 2007

pink martini interlude

Okay, so i have always loved their music, but i have never seen them live. The concert i went to was at the San Francisco Symphony and it was amazing. I was already addicted to their music at home, in the car, on the track, and on headphones. Seeing them backed by our symphony was unreal. Some of the pieces were so moving and beautiful it almost hurt. Sounds odd to say. I guess their music has meaning to me because it has gotten me thru things, it has highlighted events, and it has been on when i have done some of my best thinking. The opposite of the last post can be said about this small space of time in my life. I'm amazed by some of the things that humans are capable of. If you ever need a ray of that beauty i would highly recommend their records. Play loudly when you are by yourself.

There was a nice dinner before and a great desert after. I highly recommend the Alamo Square Seafood Grill for dinner, and Sauce for desert. Thank you Susana and JB for the excellent eating places. We had these amazing little doughnuts and other assorted deserts. Very yummy. I like Port.

No comments: